Rep. Calvert Announces Military Academy Appointments
June 29, 2020
Today, Congressman Ken Calvert (CA-42) announced and congratulated the 2020 military service academy appointments from the 42nd Congressional District. As a Member of Congress, Rep. Calvert has the privilege of nominating a select group of highly qualified young men and women for admission to the United States Service Academies – Army, Navy, Air Force, Merchant Marine and Coast Guard.
“I want to congratulate all of the dedicated and talented students from the 42nd District who have earned an appointment to our military academies,” said Rep. Calvert. “These students, and their families, should take tremendous pride in what they have achieved and will accomplish at our academies and in their future service in our military. Our community will be well represented by this incredible group of bright young adults.”
The following is a list of the candidates nominated by Congressman Calvert who have received and accepted an Offer of Appointment to our nation's service academies, and will be part of the Class of 2024 entering this summer:
• Ryan Hidalgo, Murrieta Vista High School (Class of 2019), currently attending Randolph-Macon Academy.
• Steven Iles, Centennial High School (Class of 2019), currently attending United States Air Force Preparatory School
• Samantha Miles, Murrieta Valley High School
• Jacob Galindo, Temescal Canyon High School Class of 2019, currently attending Naval Academy Preparatory School.
• Tycho Harris-Pham, John W. North High School
• Nolan Jorgenson, Eastvale – Ontario Christian High School
• Mariah Ngo, Riverside – Martin Luther King High School
• Holden Burns, Santiago High School
• Benjamin Guerrieri, Temecula Valley High School
• Jacob Mitchell, Centennial High School
• Ceaser Gonzalez, Norco High School
• Randall Ruple, Paloma Valley High School
Coast Guard Academy
• Jake Carpenter, Murrieta Mesa High School
Each appointee to the armed service academies will receive an education valued in excess of $400,000. Rep. Calvert's appointments to the armed service academies are awarded on a strictly competitive basis through his Congressional Nominations Selection Committee. The Committee evaluates each candidate and makes recommendations.