Rep. Calvert Announces Military Academy Appointments
Today, Congressman Ken Calvert (CA-42) announced and congratulated the 2019 military service academy appointments from the 42nd Congressional District. As a Member of Congress, Rep. Calvert has the privilege of nominating a select group of highly qualified young men and women for admission to the United States Service Academies – Army, Navy, Air Force and Merchant Marine.
“I want to congratulate all of the extraordinary students from the 42nd District who have earned an appointment to our prestigious military academies,” said Rep. Calvert. “These students, and their families, should take tremendous pride in what they have and will continue to achieve at our academies and in their future service in our military. Our community will be well represented by this incredible group of talented young adults.”
The following is a list of the candidates nominated by Congressman Calvert who have received and accepted an Offer of Appointment to our nation's service academies, and will be part of the Class of 2023 entering in June 2019:
U.S. Air Force Academy:
- Andres Barrera, Chaparral High School, Temecula
- Kaitlin Nethercutt, Murrieta Mesa High School, Murrieta
U.S. Naval Academy:
- Mason Dowell, Temescal Canyon High School, Lake Elsinore
- Eli Williams, Murrieta Valley High School, Murrieta
- Ricardo Herzog-Balderas, Paloma Valley High School, Menifee
U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- Alyssa Manno, Chaparral High School, Temecula
- Talib Bryant, Eleanor Roosevelt High School, Eastvale
- Vishnu Kumar, Centennial High School, Corona
Each appointee to the armed service academies will receive an education valued in excess of $400,000. Rep. Calvert's appointments to the armed service academies are awarded on a strictly competitive basis through his Congressional Nominations Selection Committee. The Committee evaluates each candidate and makes recommendations.